Difference Between Open Shelving Vs Closed Doors Kitchen Cabinets
Nowadays, open shelf design is a popular trend in kitchen storage solutions. You can display all your exquisite cookware and dinnerware to entice your guests. It also adds to the visual appeal of your kitchen. However, there are many disadvantages associated with open shelves. For instance, you always have to neatly arrange all your crockery and make sure there is no clutter. You also need to clean the shelves frequently to ensure there is no dirt or mess. This is where kitchen cabinets with closed doors come in handy.
Below is a list of advantages of both the types of kitchen cabinets. It is up to you to decide what is best for your kitchen cabinets: open shelves or closed doors?
- Optimum for a small kitchen: Opting for open shelves adds visual space to your kitchen which makes it look bigger.
- Easily accessible: In case of open shelving, you don’t have to constantly open and shut the cabinet doors. You can simply pick your crockery items from the shelves and use them.
- Low maintenance: Open shelves do not require much maintenance. In order to clean them, you simply need to take out all the contents and use a damp cloth to wipe the surface.
- Add a hint of color: You can design your complete kitchen in a neutral color palette and opt for a dash of color in your open shelves. These shelves are the perfect place for showcasing color infusions in your kitchen.
- Saves time: In case of closed door kitchen cabinets, you don’t have to always neatly arrange your crockery or other dishware in an appropriate manner. If you are in a hurry, you can easily stack your items and later on arrange them properly thereby saving your time.
- Provides protection: All your precious dinnerware and cookware can be safely stored in the closed door kitchen cabinets. There are lesser chances of a damage or breakage.
- Mess-free: You do not have to regularly clean up all your crockery items stacked in closed door kitchen cabinets. You only need to clean the doors while the rest of the items are safely stored inside. There are no chances of dust or grime settling on your dishes.
- Choose from a myriad range: Closed door kitchen cabinets are available in a variety of materials and colors these days. You can take your pick according to the theme and requirement of your kitchen space.
To buy stylish kitchen cabinets in Watchung, NJ, consider Washington Valley Cabinet Shop. We offer a wide range of cabinets in different designs, colors and materials to suit the décor of your kitchen. For more information, call at (908) 621-0559.