Characteristics Of Framed And Frameless Cabinets
Cabinets not only make your kitchen look appealing, they also serve the purpose of functionality and help you get easy access to the essential items in your kitchen. While choosing between various types of cabinets for a kitchen, there are two major construction options that you can choose from – framed and frameless cabinets.
Discussed below are the characteristics of both the types of cabinets. You can choose according to your preferences and home décor.
These cabinets have door hinges that are attached to the face of the frame as well as the shelves. They have the following features:
- Strong and durable: Due to the presence of a frame around the cabinets, the whole structure gets additional strength which ensures that the cabinets last for a longer period of time.
- Numerous designs: If you opt for framed cabinets, you can choose from innumerable designs and colors. Choose the style depending on whether you want to lend a contemporary or grand touch to your kitchen.
- Create customized looks: You can have inset cabinet doors or those with partial or full overlay depending on your likeability and kitchen design. Framed cabinets offer myriad possibilities of creating a customized look for your kitchen.
These are closely related to European style of cabinets. They do not have a frame and instead have doors built up on the side of the cabinet box which gives a modernistic and elegant look to the kitchen. They offer the following benefits:
- More storage space: The cabinet frame can take up a good amount of space sometimes making it difficult for you to access the items kept inside. Frameless cabinets offer a huge amount of storage space because of the absence of a frame.
- Sturdier: Frameless cabinets have generally thick sides as compared to traditional cabinets. Due to the absence of the frame, the doors are made of solid plywood or particleboard and high quality hinges to provide proper support. This ensures that the frameless cabinets will last longer.
- Mimic the look of framed cabinets: It is best to opt for ‘Full Overlay’ door construction if you want the durability associated with framed cabinets but want the complete look of frameless cabinets. In this case, the cabinet doors and drawers are placed in a manner that they overlay the frame thereby providing a flawless finish.
If you are looking for kitchen cabinets in Hillsborough, NJ, visit Washington Valley Cabinet Shop. For details about the cabinet types available, you can call at (908) 621-0559.