Bathroom storage cabinets are available in a variety of sizes, styles, colors and shapes. You should consider your utility, personal style, available space and décor to find bathroom cabinets that fits your requirements. Whether you are constructing a new bathroom or face-lifting the existing one, it is important to consider storage cabinets.
Here are a few tips that can help you buy the right cabinets to enhance storage and organization in your bathroom:
- Determine Quality Grade: Bathroom storage cabinets are usually available in three basic grades – stock, semi stock and custom. The stock cabinets are pre-manufactured and cannot be modified. However, in the semi stock and custom versions, you can get the design altered or have a cabinet designed as per your specifications. You also have the option to choose between frameless and face frame cabinets, which can either be purchased as a freestanding or a fitted unit.
- Cabinet Drawers: Regardless of the grade you choose, make sure you purchase a good quality cabinet with a thick base. You should check if the drawers properly fit into the box and the channels are smooth. The sides of the cabinet should be smooth and with no visible joinery marks.
- Material And Finish: Bathroom cabinets are quite likely to suffer abrasion and water damage over time. Therefore, it is important to go for a material that can withstand excessive moisture and heat. The cabinets are available in a myriad of materials such as plywood, particle board, medium density fiberboard etc. The finish that you choose should also be in sync with other accessories in your bathroom.
- Cabinet Style: In order to finalize the design of the cabinet, you first need to determine your storage needs. The number of drawers and shelves required should also be decided. Accordingly, you can choose a cabinet that offers sufficient storage space. Bathroom cabinets are available in several different designs such as antique, contemporary, transitional or European style.
- Accessories And Hardware: If you are planning to use the cabinet top for the sink, make sure it is pre-drilled for the faucets. It should also be made in a way that it accommodates all the pipes and fittings within while giving a clean outlook.
Washington Valley Cabinet Shop is a renowned store offering high quality bathroom storage cabinets in Watchung, NJ. To schedule a free in-house consultation, you can call us at (908) 621-0559.