Bathroom Cabinet Maintenance Tips
Bathroom cabinets enhance elegance and offer plenty of storage space. Being in a place full of moisture, they are more prone to water damage. This can be prevented if you provide the cabinets with proper care and maintenance. Listed below are a few points that can help you to maintain the longevity of your bathroom cabinets and avoid any water damage.
Your bathroom cabinets may be made up of solid, veneer or a vinyl coated wood. You may coat the wood with a polish or a wax so that the wood is properly sealed. The wax coating also offers a shiny look to the cabinets and prevents moisture from affecting the wood. To avoid soap build up on the cabinets, clean them frequently with a soft cloth. You may also consider adding a disinfectant to keep them germ-free.
The oil-paint glazed cabinetry is much more durable. The coating inhibits the moisture to seep into the underlying material and affect its quality. In order to clean such cabinets, soak a soft cloth in warm water and detergent, gently move the fabric against the cabinet and witness the stains fading away. You must avoid using harsh brushes or scrubbers as they may leave scratch marks. For tough stains like and dirt build-up, apply baking soda and let it stay for a while. You may clean it using a damp piece of cloth afterwards.
The metal cabinets usually come with an enamel coating and are sturdy as compared to all other cabinet types. To keep them in good condition for a longer time, it is recommended that you keep an eye on the coating. If you notice small rusty patches, it may be time to get a fresh layer of enamel. To further maintain their beauty, you must regularly clean the metal cabinets using a soft damp cloth.
These type of bathroom cabinets can be easily cleaned by using a mixture of vinegar and water. Care should be taken to not use harsh cleaning agents that may affect the shine and luster of your cabinets. You can also use a clean dry cloth to wipe away the dirt and dust deposits.
Maintaining Cabinet Interiors
- Wipe the inside of cabinets using a mixture of white vinegar and water.
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean the edges of the drawers.
- Install shelf papers to ensure easy cleaning
- Do not keep wet stuff inside the cabinets, let them dry first
- Using baking soda to clean cabinet handles and get rid of all the stickiness.Following the aforementioned tips can help you to keep your bathroom cabinets shiny and clean. Another, important factor related to the maintenance of cabinets is to address all the minor or major repairing issues in time. If you notice any loose hinges, handles or squeaking doors etc. you must get the issues rectified immediately. Ensuring timely repair is important for the proper functioning and longevity of your cabinets.